Job Description Livio, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company who is seeking Mobile Software Engineers (Android), whom will work within the Ford Research & Advanced Engineering organiz
Livio, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company who is seeking Mobile Software Engineers (Android), whom will work within the Ford Research & Advanced Engineering organization. (The employee will work for Livio and receive all Ford Benefits).
At Livio, our mobile software engineers are responsible for developing new features and apps needed to integrate smart devices with vehicle systems. Mobile software engineers are also able to work on new technology and ideas that don't always directly involve vehicles. All engineers at Livio work together in a flat organization to deliver innovative and cutting edge software.
We are looking for the best, forward-thinking minds to join us as we build connectivity solutions for vehicles, the home, and beyond. The primary focus is connecting content and services to hardware products for a variety of new applications. All of our software engineers work together as one team.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1+ years of post-college graduation experience
· 1+ years professional or collegiate Android experience
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related field
· 3+ years Android development
· Bluetooth, BLE, Wifi, and/or other wireless programming experience
· Web Communication Standards (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc)
· Testing and validation experience (JUnit, Android JUnit)
· Automotive experience a plus
· Experience working with bytecode, input/output streams, and multi-threading design
· Preferred having one or more apps on Android Play Store
· Preferred having experience with NDK
· Must have a passion for writing code
· Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
At Ford Motor Company, the distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter. Join the Ford team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.