About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leade
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 37,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Making the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity our highest priorities is The Way We Work. Our technologies and services include: surface and subsea drilling and production, monitoring and diagnostics, measurement and controls, large-scale LNG, pipeline compression and inspection, well site and industrial power generation, technologies for the refining and petrochemical industries, and modular CNG and LNG units for transportation sectors. Through our customized service solutions, training programs and technologies, GE Oil & Gas partners with customers to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability; develop their next generation workforce; and fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management. Role Summary:
The Field Service Technician will perform duties in the installation, repair, removal, and maintenance of ESP (Electric Submersible Pump) equipment on customer well sites within the geographical area of assignment. Essential Responsibilities:
• Install, repair and maintain equipment at the well site.
• Installation and service of Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP)
• Job preparation
• Tooling, gauges and meter operation and maintenance
• Troubleshooting ESPs
• Field customer service
• Repair, assemble, test, maintain tools, and customer equipment.
• Organize, select, and arrange shipment of equipment.
• Maintain all GE property, including truck, service tools, phone, computer equipment, etc. in a clean and ready state.
• Prepare service tickets and detailed Job Safety Analysis (JSA) requirements.
• Promote and perform any field service oriented sales and maintain a confident customer relationship for the company.
• Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management or indicated by responsibilities.
• Must be willing to travel and assist in other Branch locations as required. Qualifications/Requirements:
• 5 years of experience in Electrical Submersible Pumps
• Rig workover experience an asset
• Oilfield offroad driving
• Electrical background, however, an electrical ticket is not required, but preferred
• Mechanically inclined
• Good oilfield knowledge
• Capable of utilizing electrical meters and gauges
• Ability to be away from home up to 70% of the time
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent stress management and demanding timelines
• Basic computer knowledge
• Clean drivers abstract
• H2S and First Aid required Desired Characteristics:
• Journeyman Electrician
• 10 years of oilfield service background
• Fall Protection Training Locations:
Canada; Saskatchewan; Estevan