About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leade
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Position: Commissioning Manager (HVDC)
Number of position to fill: 2
Contract: 15 months
Location: Muskrat Falls & Churchill Falls
rotation: 3 weeks in/1 week home
Can be based anywhere in Canada
You will manage a team of 15 people Essential Responsibilities:
• Apply the commissioning strategy agreed with the Completion Manager in terms of commissioning program and schedule.
• Develop the commissioning schedule and associated workload
• Manage and schedule the pre-commissioning engineers and factory specialists (HV and
MV Switchgear, protective relays, transformers, TFRs, SERs, Control Systems, HVAC, Auxiliary Transformers and AC-DC Systems, batteries)
• Manage a team of Test Engineers for overall substation tests (I/Os tests, injections tests,
insulation tests, interlocking, tripping tests).
• Define commissioning requirements for substation equipment and monitor contracted consultants to ensure compliance.
• Review specification documents and drawings including development of commissioning specifications and testing requirements.
• Verify site installations are in conformance with specifications and drawings
• Coordinate start-up of equipment/systems.
• Monitor pre-commissioning results against technical specifications; ensures that
commissioning is executed in line with established company practices and procedures
• Prepare pre-commissioning progress reports for management staff
• Supervise dedicated team of System tests Engineers for dynamic commissioning tests
• Provide full documentation records (marks-up drawing, Inspection Tests Records)
required for all commissioning deliverables for the project
• Handover to the client the contractual spare parts Qualifications/Requirements:
• 5 years of experience in commissioning and management of people
• Familiar with Canadian standard Z 462-15S
• Works with practical commissioning methods and processes
• Knowledge of energizing sequences for 315kV-230kV AC Filters and Transformer
• Correct use of specific substation test instruments (Omicron, Sverker) for substation tests
• Familiar with basic test instrumentation (Mulitmeter, Megger, optical attenuation meter)
• Have HV Electrical Safety Awareness
• Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office, Email, Internet…
• Good understanding of High Voltage engineering and Digital control Systems for AC substations Locations:
Canada; Newfoundland and Labrador; Can be based in any city in Canada