About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leade
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives.
That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide. Role Summary:
The Expert on Alert™ (E.O.A) Project Engineer is responsible for the day to day engineering and diagnostic tasks to support the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) account. Utilizing various data sources, you will be responsible for analyzing and communicating trends, making recommendations and working with CP to roll out changes. Essential Responsibilities:
Working on-site at CP headquarters, you will review data to understand root cause, document and monitor trends, manage and roll out programs and effectively communicate suggestions both internal and externally. Job will require hands on data analysis as well as cross team coordination/collaboration. The individual will be primarily responsible for:
• Managing, presenting and ensuring contractual Expert on Alert ™ metrics are met/exceeded.
• Lead root cause analysis for communications availability and all other RX issuance; dedicated point of contact for a variety of locomotive subsystems.
• Prepare and be able to discuss technical reports and performance scorecards to CP designated stakeholders at an agreed upon rhythm
• Drive improvements – work with GE and CP to gather suggestions, drive prioritizations and communication once implemented
• As required, attend CP shops to deep dive RX and/or subsystem performance; communicate findings and recommendations to GE and CP stakeholders.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and aid customer on overall EOA product solution.
• Support operationalizing the EOA solution at CP, including training, documentation and guidance as product evolves
• Project manage a cross-functional team of GE field, product and engineering resources as needed to develop / address, analyze findings and ensure timely execution of action plans for response to CP
• Coordinate quarterly reviews with GE and CP stakeholders; prepare agenda and materials to report on overall solution performance, project status and product development.
• Communicate changes to RX’s, program or platform internally and externally
• Other duties as required to support changing MSA and customer needs. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university - Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng), Electrical or Mechanical preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years in operations or engineering experience
• Expertise with GE AC4400 and AC EVO locomotive platforms
• Experience with process/procedure development and implementation
• Knowledge of all locomotive subsystems including RM&D equipment (CMU/Control Systems)
• Strong MS Office skills including MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint
• Confident speaker, who maintains a professional demeanor when clearly and concisely articulating troubleshooting or locomotive next steps
• Willing and able to follow railroad site safety procedures
• Willing and able to travel as required for work, up to 20%
• Ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities Desired Characteristics:
• Knowledge of field operations and limitations using railroads General Operating Instructions (GOI)
• Experience in a field site, shop or manufacturing environment is preferred
• Experience using analytic tools such as SAS
• Experience with GE repair recommendations (RX’s)
• Proactive, driving personality - dedicated to serving the customer
• Independent worker focused on timely execution
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certified
• Knowledge of GE Transportation Services business and operations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presenting and organizational skills
• Sound business acumen and proven leadership skills
• Capable of making decisions facing limited or conflicting data
• Demonstrated cross-functional influencing skills
• General Rail industry knowledge and experience Locations:
Canada; Alberta; Calgary