About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leade
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer Role Summary:
GE Business: GE Energy Connections - GE Industrial Solutions
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Duration: 12-18 months
Anticipated Start Date: May 2017
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Senior Plant Manager
Application Deadline: April 16th, 2017 Essential Responsibilities:
As a key member of the Burlington team, you will gain valuable, hands-on work experience through a diverse array of responsibilities that will provide you with wide exposure to the GE Industrial Services business.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Data collection for various jobs on the shop
• Production Planning and Job Cost Analysis
• Assist in continuous improvement processes on cost, quality, safety, delivery and cycle time
• Assist in documentation packages to be prepared for the shop
• Assist in Reports to be prepared to the customer
• Assist the buyer/Lead technical specialist in material procurement & Qualification
• Follow-up and support closing VCP projects
• Back-up to the Shop Specialist
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience)
• Ability to work independently within a dynamic work environment
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Organized and results oriented
• Excellent time management skills and strong analytical abilities
• University degree in course of completion in Engineering (Aerospace, Chemical, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Mechatronics)
• Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process. Desired Characteristics:
• Direct work experience in an industrial service or manufacturing environment
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining GE. Locations:
Canada; Ontario; Burlington