About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leade
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
GE Water & Process Technologies is currently searching for a Commercial Engineer to join our Industrial Team. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for Ultrafiltration (UF), Reverse Osmosis (RO), ED (Electrodialysis) and IX (Ion Exchange), process designs, budgetary and final proposals within an assigned region, as well as periodic support for other Commercial Engineers within the group. Essential Responsibilities:
GE has announced that it will sell the Water & Process Technologies business to Suez. This sale is subject to customary regulatory approvals and is slated to close toward the end of the 2nd quarter of 2017. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful.
- Provide Commercial Engineering support in an assigned region and maintain a working knowledge of all active Industrial projects, including generating "Final Bid" proposals, process designs, Process & Instrumentation and General Arrangement Drawings.
- Generate budgetary proposals, process designs, Piping and Instrumentation Designs, General Arrangements and final bid proposals.
- Apply costing and process design strategies in order to position the company, in the early stages of project development, to increase the probability of success.
- Timely preparation of budgetary proposals
- Develop and maintain relationships with Regional Sales Managers and Local Representatives and all
Assisting Region Sales Managers with sales calls, design kick-off meetings, and consultants
- Adhering to all internal procedures related to bid preparation, proposal tracking, Authorization of Order Packages, and sales forecasting
This position will be based out of the GE W&PT Office in Oakville or Guelph, Ontario or Minnetonka, MN or Burlington, MA. Some travel will be required for this position.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Industrial Water treatment Engineering or equipment supply field, preferably with knowledge of membrane process equipment.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in bidding/proposal preparation and the ability to read and understand bid/proposal specification, both from a technical and commercial perspective, as related to contractual terms and conditions.
• Self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player
• Demonstrated dedication to safety
• Effective problem solving skills
• An accomplished communicator, able to produce expert technical papers, publications, and design reports.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills. Locations:
Canada; Ontario; Oakville