Before completing your application...
By providing your details below, our recruitment team will be able to locate your information for future opportunities and reach back out should anything happen during your application process.
Click Expand below to view position details or Skip & Continue.
.... read more -->>
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leade
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
This position will be a key part of an actuarial team that is responsible for valuation, experience studies, long- and short-term projections, and other various initiatives for a closed block of life, disability and critical illness reinsurance. Essential Responsibilities:
- Application of actuarial techniques to insurance and reinsurance with limited supervision.
- Develop, maintain, and run programs used in experience analyses of various product parameters for insurance products.
- Gather data and assumption inputs; develop, maintain, and run projection models; and report output in the preparation of projections of future product performance for use in various corporate analyses.
- Develop, maintain, and run reserving models in preparation of quarterly and annual financial Statutory and GAAP statement reporting information.
- Provide analysis of results for insurance and reinsurance business.
- Prepare actuarial elements of Annual
Statements for Insurance legal entities.
- Support operations team in review of data.
- Understand, reconcile and analyze actuarial inputs and outputs.
- Document and peer review processes and corresponding justification for methodologies.
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in related field. Minimum of three (3) actuarial exams passed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of various aspects of the GGY AXIS modeling software and processes.
- Experience with MCCSR/TAAM calculations and associated reporting.
- Familiarity with Canadian regulatory valuation requirements for quarterly and annual reporting to OSFI.
- Three (3) or more years life or health insurance experience.ASA designation desired. Familiarity with GAAP, Statutory and Tax reserving.
- Working knowledge of valuation/projection software and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and accurately with large data sets.
- Familiarity with preparation of insurance annual statement exhibits and filings.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, and to apply known concepts to new situations.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and work within time constraints.
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate written, visual and verbal messages.
- Ability to translate technical information to a non-technical audience. Attention to detail. Ability to complete actuarial processes accurately using fact-based analysis.
Canada; Ontario; Toronto
.... read more -->>
We're looking forward to staying connected with you!