Before completing your application...
By providing your details below, our recruitment team will be able to locate your information for future opportunities and reach back out should anything happen during your application process.
Click Expand below to view position details or Skip & Continue.
.... read more -->>
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leade
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Canada works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. This is your chance to become a part of a company internationally known for its reputation as an innovative industry leader that will invest in your success and growth. GE has been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2017. Join GE Canada and help us make a real difference creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come. For more information visit our website at www.ge.com/ca and follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/GE_Canada and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/GECanada.
GE’s power generation business has the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines in the world with more than 7,400 turbines operating in 112 countries, and a manufacturing footprint in the Americas, Europe, and Asia to serve its global customers. The portfolio includes gas turbines, gas engines, steam turbines, generators, HRSGs, controls and more. Role Summary:
The Assembly Technician will be a key team member responsible for the manufacturing and production of high quality reciprocating gas engines. They will be required to perform all functions in support of the manufacturing and assembly of reciprocating gas engines and the components thereof. The functions may include, and are not limited to: machining, assembly, painting, quality control, testing, material handling/warehouse and total productive maintenance. Essential Responsibilities:
- Perform the most critical machine duties to produce high quality parts, fixtures and basic tooling including: set up and operation of any machine tool in the shop
- Produce high quality work within close tolerances and work with more exotic material and complex designs
- Create taped programs to control the operation sequence and cycling of computer numerically controlled machines which may include work with multiple machines
- Program correct operational sequence, tooling change, X,Y,Z movement of carriage of head and cycle speed, etc., develop program from specifications/schematic/blueprint
- Provide direction to others in the department by answering technical questions and training
- Perform required welding and fabrications duties including but not limited to: layout and weld operations on all product lines. Consider the material and gauge of material to weld and set welder as required. Use jigs, fixtures and other equipment in performance of duties.
- Perform heat treat, forming, balance, NDT, grind, over-speed and other operations in the fabrication area with proficiency on all products. Set up and operate robotic welder(s), N/C burning table.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting malfunctions, documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and completing production and quality logs
- Perform complex mechanical and/or electrical assembly of all products and subassemblies on all product types to ensure product meets customer specifications
- Perform various machine set-ups & adjustments and operate assembly equipment for all assembly operations required for all product lines
- Perform engine test and modification on all product types and perform a wide variety of jobs within the assembly cells on various product lines
- Set-up, operate, adjust and maintain all tools and equipment used in the assembly process
- Prepare engines and parts for paint including but not limited to: washing, masking, assembly/disassembly and final detailing of engines
- Paint engines per customer and engineering specifications and prepare engines for shipment
- Perform critical quality inspection using a variety of inspection methods including first article/piece inspection, final inspection and conduct dimensional inspections using appropriate measuring tools
- Interpret mechanical part drawings and verify part tolerances along with collecting and interpreting engine test results to ensure the final product meets quality standards
- Complete inspection reports and document nonconformities
- Perform engine test and modifications on all product lines and document findings and nonconformities
- Complete testing within the test cells and identify and document test results
- Perform material picks, inventory transactions, part sorting, counting, material deliveries and put away transactions
- Safely package parts for internal and external delivery including loading and unloading trucks and managing inventory through inventory tracking systems
Total Productive Maintenance:
- Perform equipment and machinery preventative maintenance work, including but not limited to coolant and lubrication application to machinery and minor repairs
- Perform all necessary cleaning and maintenance of paint equipment, tools and paint system
- Calibrate gauges and measuring equipment and perform general maintenance and repair of hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures
- Follow maintenance schedules and perform equipment inspections to ensure proper and safe operation
- High school diploma or combination of relevant experience.
- Basic technical aptitude including but not limited to: computers, math, machining, assembly, fabrication and general manufacturing principles.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Ability to meet physical and cognitive demands assessment.
- Team player who is accountable for team’s success: delivering business targets and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform a variety of tasks and roles within the manufacturing process and teach and coach other team members.
- Compliance to Environmental Health and Safety standards and engagement with EHS Excellence which includes EHS duties as assigned.
- Safe operation of mobile equipment, lifting devices, powered industrial vehicles including but not limited to: forklift, genie, scissor lift.
- Interpret and produce work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications and work instructions to produce high-quality reciprocating gas engines.
- Provide coaching and expertise to other team members by sharing expertise and working as a team to meet common business objectives.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and cost savings.
Canada; Ontario; Welland, Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Mississauga, Hamilton
.... read more -->>
We're looking forward to staying connected with you!