Join Our Talent Network : CH2M HILL
Thank you for your interest in learning more about this opportunity with CH2M HILL. After completing this section, you will be prompted to create an account on our CH2M HILL career site to apply for the position that interests you.
Copyright © 2012 CH2M HILL and its licensors. All rights reserved.
CH2M HILL is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. CH2M HILL will provide a reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us.
For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics, or fuel for a tractor on the farm, the bottom line is the world needs oil. The one resource has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas, to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group will serve an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction and operations solutions to the world’s oil and gas companies. This is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional to reach your career goals. Ready? Let’s Get to Work.Project Management Opportunities at CH2M HILL, Manager of Projects- Spartanburg (SPB), SC
At CH2M HILL, we deliver solutions that span the entire breadth of the chemical, petrochemical, and bio-chemical industry. Our Manager of Projects
(DOP) will lead a team managing and overseeing mid-to-large scale, engineering, procurement, construction projects in the process (chemicals, plastics & engineered fibers, pharmaceuticals, etc.) and general manufacturing/facilities markets. You will be a degreed Engineer with 15+ years of experience with 5+ years' experience in a role accountable for a large portfolio of projects (>$500MM TIC) through supervising and mentoring other project managers. Experience with both the positive and the negative aspects of projects needed - experience with project claims and managing/closing challenged projects will be seen as wisdom gained to pass along and mentor others. You should be a self-motivated professional with a desire to grow with each new challenge.Our Manager of Projects:
- Oversee and manage day to day SPB project operations, including participating in key project pursuit activities (Go/No-Go, planning/pricing activities, client presentations/meetings, etc.) and monitoring project performance (leading regular project reviews, engaging regularly with external clients and internal customers, staying close to the SPB PM staff). SPB Operations Director (OD) will work closely with DOP to establish framework, processes, and accountabilities for many of these activities.
- Working with SPB OD and Market stakeholders, establish and track project performance metrics (safety, financial, quality). Monitor and communicate progress against performance metrics.
- Proactively manage SPB PM staff, including: recruiting, hiring, retaining, and release of project management staff to support project delivery capability, consistent with Market backlog and growth plan
- Providing leadership in office supporting the development of junior staff and identification of future PMs and chartering their development.
- Work with office leadership to drive cost competitiveness, delivery efficiency, and quality.
Governance Strategies and Requirements:
- Lead the project delivery organization and shift the focus of the SPB operation to a more "project management-centric" organization.
- Position the SPB operation for growth, capitalizing on strong demand from CH2M HILL's growing markets/businesses and available personnel resources in the region.
- Build relationships with peers in other offices.
- Create an environment where all elements of project delivery are challenging each other in a professional manner to improve project delivery.
- Actively seek and support a culture of continuous project delivery improvement. Promote and maintain an atmosphere of teamwork and shared purpose.
- Build a cross-market/BG structure of Project Delivery resources, integrating Energy, Facilities, Transportation, and Water resources that have the capability, tools, and training to effectively deliver projects for Market stakeholders.
- Identify and build a pipeline of future project delivery leaders for the SPB organization, capitalizing on the labor pool in the region.
- Actively support the local integrated management team, organized to localize decision making and autonomy, and accountable to Market stakeholders (Energy, Facilities, Transportation, and Water).
- Attract and retain staff recognized in the region and in CH2M HILL for performance, capability and standard of ethical conduct.
- Attract and retain a diverse staff commensurate with CH2M HILL values and hiring goals.
- Ensure systems are in place for effective project delivery in accordance with CH2M HILL policies:
- Project Management Fundamentals and Delivery Systems
- Using CH2M HILL and local resources, establish and maintain training programs and regimens to support effective performance and development of PM staff.
- Embrace accountability for all SPB projects, consistent with CH2M HILL policies and practices.
- Model and promote behavior consistent with the CH2M HILL ethical standards.
CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering from accredited college or university is required
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading project managers
- Experience managing Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management (EPCM) projects
- Petrochem industry experience
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- P.E. registration is preferred but not mandatory
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.