Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As a member of the John Deere quality engineering team, you will have the opportunity to engage in nearly every facet of our business. You’ll enjoy a diverse range of challenges, gain a wide range of experiences with highly visible projects and initiatives, and have excellent opportunities for professional growth.
What You'll Do
As an Operations Quality Engineer for John Deere Waterloo Works located in Waterloo, IA, you will support factory manufacturing operations to improve business performance. In addition, you will:
- Directly support the business goals of 3-5 Natural Work Groups, NWG, with 35-45 assemblers.
- Maintain and update quality planning tools such as PFMEAs for assigned NWGs.
- Support introduction of new products and change control within assigned NWGs.
- Investigate product and process defects found in assembly for root cause and corrective action recommendation.
- Collect, analyze, and execute in accordance with assembly control plans and data streams.
- Execute internal manufacturing process audits and support external regulatory audit. (ISO)
- Work with supplier quality for supplied part issues.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field. We also require:
- An understanding of quality tools and systems.
- Willingness to learn advanced quality tools.
- Willingness to implement change in a production environment through negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work 3rd shift and overtime to include Saturdays.
A strong candidate will also have:
- ASQ or Six Sigma Training or experience.
- Heavy equipment manufacturing experience in process engineering, supply management, quality engineering, or operations.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.