Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The successful applicant will be responsible for performing specific quality engineering assignments in the Quality Engineering department. This position is located in Edmonton (Nisku) at the John Deere Reman Unit.
- Create PFMEAs (Potential Failure Modes Effect Analysis)/ Control Plans and their implementation.
- Internal Product, process, and systems audits.
- Resolve and initiate corrective actions with the suppliers and OEM factories on Quality issues.
- Data analysis and Statistical process control activities.
- Review and approve supplier PPAPs.
- Drive process capability studies.
What It Takes
- Knowledge of drawings and schematic interpretation, GD&T
- Knowledge of standard quality tools such as PFMEA / Control plans, SPC (Statistical Process Control), Root Cause Analysis, PPAP, Minitab etc.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis techniques. (E.g. Pareto charts, histograms, pie and bar charts and control charts).
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
· Minimum 2 years industrial experience, preferably in Quality.
· Project management skills.
· Eligible for registration with APEGA.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.