Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
At John Deere, operations is directly responsible for producing equipment that helps feed and clothe people around the world. Here, production supervisors have the opportunity to apply their team–building and problem–solving skills, coordinate product launches and serve as liaisons between union and salaried workers. In operations, change is a constant with the introduction of new products, the implementation of new technology and the recruitment of additional team members to keep pace with our continuing growth.
What You'll Do
As a Schedule Planner for the John Deere Seeding Group in Moline, IL, you will monitor and process Service, Inter-Factory, and FLASH Orders, while communicating to both wage and salary the orders so they can be made in a timely manner. In addition, you will:
- Investigate and correct COGI errors.
- Track parts going to and from outside paint suppliers.
- Print build tags, main and mini, for production.
- Communicate between Seeding and Deere Paton, Deere Orthman, Silvis, and Yetter.
- Notify QE's weekly the PPAP schedule.
- Run reports in SAP for delinquency (MB52, ZCDELINQ, ZCWIP, etc).
- Work lights daily.
- Investigate Spec errors.
- Maintain production serial tags for Seeding and Paton.
- Place reservations in the system.
- Run part quantity reports for build ahead during FMP moves.
- Work with OFP and Operations to level Service and Inter-factory orders in advance.
- Provide scheduling to the primary operations.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Supply Management discipline or equivalent experience. In addition, we require:
- Ability to communicate effectively with both wage and salaried employees and with the ability to determine and analyze issues and problems.
- Ability to plan thoroughly to execute consistently and be able to make sound decisions.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Working knowledge of the SAP and MRP system.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Just-in-Time, and Material Flow concepts. Knowledge of kanban and other delivery methods.
- Knowledge of machining, weld, assembly and product development as they relate to wage positions.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.