Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The successful incumbent will be responsible to ensure the translation of John Deere authored information to support functional and legal requirements and may include technical, marketing, or finance information to assure the source language is edited and correct to arrive at better source text for subsequent translations. The translated information is required to meet Canada’s legal language requirements for materials distributed to the company, distributor, Dealer and customer users. This position is located in Grimsby, Ontario.
- Translates John Deere authored information to support functional and legal requirements.
- Recommends terminology changes in source text with author for approval.
- Performs proof-edit of target language text of own, or other translator's projects.
- Manages the translation process and external supplier(s) to explain projects, sets benchmarks for completion and assesses quality of completed projects.
- Manages translation memory via database repository.
What It Takes
- Bi-lingual (Proficient in English and French, oral and written).
- Translation experience translating from English to French.
- Understanding of the French Language in the Quebec and Canadian Marketplace.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet functions.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft products including: Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Skill in project management.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Effective writing skills, including grammatical usage, persuasive copy and style.
- University Degree or equivalent in experience.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.