Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it's green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it's to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
What You'll Do
John Deere Harvester Works in East Moline, IL is seeking a Business Unit Manager for Maintenance. In this position, you will establish departmental goals that are aligned with business objectives for multiple departments, measure and track departmental performance relative to goals, and manage equipment assets and reliable maintenance plans. This includes monitoring and improving departmental and general factory safety performance. In addition, you will:
- Provide leadership and oversight of general maintenance, tool room, powerhouse, garage, and contracted maintenance service providers.
- Develop Reliability Centered Maintenance strategy for Harvester Works skilled trades and service providers.
- Lead transition of current Maintenance group to Reliability Centered Maintenance in support of increased equipment reliability, capacity improvements, and improved customer satisfaction (Manufacturing Operations).
- Make necessary adjustments to business priorities, expense spend and cost reduction planning, and work direction in support of improved performance relative to goals.
- Organize daily improvement activities in Module Leaders and Maintenance Engineers towards Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Manage Unit Supervisor and Engineering Supervisor in successful support of business objectives, developmental and training opportunities, and general performance relative to roles, responsibilities, and area management.
- Execute monthly and annual operation expense budgets at expected levels of return.
- Prioritize and direct daily activities for 100 skilled trades work force in support of 3 shift and nontraditional shift operations.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience. In addition, we require:
- 7 or more years of experience in Maintenance and Operations.
- Supervisory/leadership experience as a Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Engineer, or other supervision of skills trades personnel.
- Experience with management of expense and capital budgets.
- Experience planning factory shutdown maintenance activity.
- Experience executing predictive and proactive maintenance measures.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Project Management experience.
- Organizational cross-functional experience (e.g. Operations, Maintenance, Project Management, Accounting, Order Fulfillment, Product Design, etc.).
- Master's degree in Business.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, rewards aren't limited to monetary compensation. We offer our employees a comprehensive range of tangible and intangible benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards Program
Ready for intense teamwork, ambitious objectives and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.