Join the CH2M HILL Talent Network
Thank you for your interest in learning more about this opportunity with CH2M HILL. Please complete the information below to join our Talent Network and stay informed about news, events and opportunities at CH2M HILL.
Your application for this position begins on the next screen.
Copyright © 2012 CH2M HILL and its licensors. All rights reserved.
CH2M HILL is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. CH2M HILL will provide a reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us.
For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL
Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As businesses go “Green” and society becomes more proactive, your role in CH2M HILL’s Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in projects that will protect the Earth’s natural resources. We help our clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our footprint. Ready? Let’s Get to Work.CH2M HILL Environmental Management Information Specialist (EMIS) and Project Manager Careers - Houston, TX, Chicago, IL
The challenge? Serve the strategic and operational environmental compliance needs of our clients throughout North America, and globally as needed. Our Environmental Management Information Specialist (EMIS) careers provide you with an opportunity to lead the development and implementation of Environmental Health & Safety information management (EC&S, IM, aka EIMS, EMIS, EHS IM) solution services to industrial clients. Each day, as part of our Environmental Health & Safety Information Management (EMIS) services team you will be the face of CH2M HILL as you lead multi-discipline teams of client and consulting staff in developing enterprise environmental health & safety information solutions. You should be a self-motivated professional with a minimum of 6 to 10 years demonstrated experience in a consulting industrial multimedia (i.e. air, water/waste water, waste management) environment, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each EMIS information management specialist job.
Our Environmental Management Information Specialists and Project Managers:
- Demonstrate project execution success on EMIS compliance projects for industrial clients including implementation of work plans, setting budgets, and developing project schedules as well as proven experience in leading teams of technical specialists to develop sustainable EMIS solutions with clients.
- Assist the client in defining environmental reporting needs and solution specifications/requirements.
- Manage scope, schedule and budget for EMIS projects
- Manage the delivery of projects involving EMIS, compliance assurance strategies, compliance auditing, permitting and design of associated work processes.
- Utilize their strong EMIS background in the areas of environmental management systems, multi-media (air, water, waste) compliance, climate change, and sustainability.
- Have a working knowledge of federal regulations that pertain to industrial plants (chemical, petroleum refining, power generation, general manufacturing, etc.),
- Have experience with at least one off the shelf electronic information management solutions (for example IHS ESP opsEnvironmental, IHS ESS Essential Suite, Enviance, Enablon, Technidata EC, Intelex, SAP EHS or others).
- Interact frequently with existing clients while build new relationships and network with client organizations, participate in technical seminars and conferences including delivery of technical presentations.
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of CH2M HILL's EMIS practice.
Additional Information: CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- BS in Environmental Engineering or Sciences, including but not limited to Chemical Engineering, or Civil Engineering or related degree.
- 6years of experience with EMIS solutions and regulatory compliance in a consulting environment.
- Experience with at least one off the shelf electronic information management solutions (e.g., IHS ESP opsEnvironmental, IHS ESS Essential Suite, Enviance, Enablon, Technidata EC, Intelex,
In addition to the basic qualifications the following are highly desired but not required:
- MS in Environmental Engineering or Sciences, including but not limited to Chemical Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- 10 years experience with EMIS and regulatory compliance in a consulting environment
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.