Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You'll Do:
As a Process Engineer Foundry for John Deere Waterloo Works, located in Waterloo, IA, you will support the Foundry process areas of Mold, Core, Clean, and Melt. In addition, you will:
- Conduct operator training and certification responsibilities.
- Lead analysis, development and implementation of new/existing manufacturing process and technology.
- Lead Continuous Improvement process.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or 2 years of experience in manufacturing engineering in a Foundry environment. We also require:
- 2 years of experience in one or more related engineering areas: industrial, production, methods, reliability, design, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, quality.
- Work experience in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of database management tools and process management systems.
- Skills in material flow and material presentation.
- Experience in line design, cycle balance and visual tools.
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Work experience in a Foundry.
- Experience with shop floor manufacturing, incentive pay systems such as CIPP (Continuous Improvement Pay Plan) and work measurement.
- Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases.
- Experience in project management.
- Skills in computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Knowledge in capital budgeting and capital equipment justification process.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.