Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
- The purpose is position is to troubleshoot and repair all problems found in the CATV trunk and distribution systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair any problems found in the CATV trunk and distribution systems.
- Performs stand-by duties during non-business hours.
- May provide training for entry level service technicians and cable repair technicians.
- Maintains records of system equipment/operation.
- Responsible for the maintenance and up-keep of the assigned vehicle.
- Recognizes and practices safety rules and procedures.
- Reports all unsafe conditions and accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works outdoors year round. May require extended periods of kneeling, stooping, squatting and reaching.
- Proficient in the use of various hand tools.
- Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to climb up to 20 feet, lift/carry up to 85lbs.
- Ability dig trenches.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 18 months experience as a Service Technician or equivalent experience.
- Education should include advanced electronic courses, or completion of NCTI Installer course and Service Technician course preferred.
- Ability to read CATV design prints.
- Working knowledge of signal level meters, volt-ohm meters, TDR’s and cable locating equipment, as well as the ability to work on amplifiers and power supplies.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license with good driving record.
- DOT Certification