Join the CH2M HILL Talent Network
Thank you for your interest in learning more about this opportunity with CH2M HILL. Please complete the information below to join our Talent Network and stay informed about news, events and opportunities at CH2M HILL.
Your application for this position begins on the next screen.
|Most recent job title|
|Desired job category|
|Most recent employer|
|Would you like to receive our monthly eNewsLetter|
Copyright © 2012 CH2M HILL and its licensors. All rights reserved.
CH2M HILL is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. CH2M HILL will provide a reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us.
For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics, or fuel for a tractor on the farm, the bottom line is the world needs oil. The one resource has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas, to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group will serve an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction and operations solutions to the world’s oil and gas companies. This is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional to reach your career goals. Ready? Let’s Get to Work.CH2M HILL Jobs - Pipeline Engineering Manager - Denver, CO
The challenge? Helping ensure an environmentally sustainable supply of Energy to meet our planet’s demands. At CH2M HILL, we deliver solutions that span the entire breadth of the Energy industry. Our Pipeline Engineering Manager
position is accountable for the successful delivery of technical deliverables. Each day, you will lead a team of Engineers, Designers, Survey, GIS, and Mapping professionals with one goal—to exceed our Client’s expectations through creativity and technological innovation and by delivering quality Pipeline
technical deliverables on time and within budget. You should be a self-motivated professional with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and at least 5 years of management experience leading pipeline design professionals. You should also have a desire to grow both personally as well as professionally.Our Pipeline Engineering Managers
- Lead and develop a team of highly engaged and productive engineering, design, technical, survey, GIS, mapping, and right of way professionals in the successful delivery of pipeline projects from initial scoping, permitting, land (ROW) acquisition, survey and engineering through construction and start-up.
- Possess extensive project knowledge of linear pipelines, gathering systems, liquid pump stations, compressor stations, and other metering systems along with an engineering background that includes a mix of office, field, and construction experience; preferably with both consulting and operating companies and with E, EP, EPCM and EPC contract delivery models.
- Manage the execution of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for the assigned project elements, monitor progress to maintain schedules and budgets; identify and document scope changes.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Drive ownership of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments.
- Work in partnership with Delivery Center Manager and Business Development to build the pipeline technical resources, focused on the Denver Delivery Center.
- Implement CH2M HILL processes and tools and provides overall accountability to attract, develop, train, and promote pipeline technical staff.
- Provide management of technical staff to include performance reviews, salary administration, workload leveling, training and career development.
- Support, champion and participate in process improvement and quality initiatives for the technical delivery of pipeline projects.
- Develop and deploy common systems, processes and tools that are consistent across the Pipeline Leadership Team (PLT) strategic direction and also consistent with business group best practices.
- Encourage and motivate a high performing technical staff to be accountable to quality, schedule, budget and scope for the delivery of pipeline projects.
: CH2M HILL will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H-1B visa, etc.) to fill this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or closely related engineering technical discipline from an accredited university
- 5 years experience in a technical management or leadership role in the oil & gas pipeline industry
- 8 years of successful experience providing technical services, pipeline project delivery workflow and tools
- Extensive working knowledge of pipeline markets
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills; with the ability to mentor and develop staff
- Industry connections with pipeline companies to assist in development of relationships
In addition to the basic qualifications, the following are also highly desired:
- 10 years in a technical management or leadership role in the oil & gas pipeline industry
- 15 years of successful experience providing technical services, pipeline project delivery workflow and tools
- PMP certification and P.E. license
- Petroleum terminals related operations and/or construction experience
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.