Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The successful applicant will be responsible for deliver advice to clients where there are questions about the law, facts and company policy with little or no supervisor involvement on matters of low to moderate magnitude. Knows the law of general practice areas; requires some research; implements an agreed upon conclusion and drafts unique documents to include all agreed upon provisions. Monitors and is alert to emerging trends in the broader business environment as they relate to general practice. Recognizes the absence of clear legal precedent; verifies through research. Has sufficient knowledge of the Enterprise or assigned Company area to recognize the potential for issues in other areas; checks with colleagues and business leaders to verify. Identifies precedent setting implications in the matters in which they are engaged. Assists in setting company policy. This position is located in Grimsby, Ontario.
- Provides research, legal and/or Intellectual Property counsel, recommendations, and alternatives for the more complex legal questions and issues.
- Drafts, negotiates, and/or files legal briefs and documents including patent applications, opinions, contracts, notices, agreements, registrations, and licenses.
- Assists senior attorneys in analysis of issues to identify legal problems.
- Reviews legal documents for compliance with applicable laws.
- Stays current on emerging trends in the law through continuing legal education, reading, professional conferences, and participating in professional associations.
What It Takes
- Degree in law (LLB or JD) and member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Four to eight years of experience gained at a leading law firm or in house legal department advising on a broad range of commercial matters.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and multi-task.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Experience advising in the areas of advertising and marketing matters.
- Business acumen and the ability to take initiative while working closely with various business units.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.