Join our Talent Community
Join our Talent Community and be the first to be informed about news and career opportunities at McGraw Hill Financial, and be considered for future roles.
Note: your application for this position begins on the next screen.
Job DescriptionThe Product Design Group at S&P Capital IQ, Portfolio Risk (a business unit of McGraw Hill Financial) is looking for a Senior User Experience Architect to join our product development team. We are a group of designers working on risk management software in the financial domain, and seeking someone who is comfortable designing, and seeing through to implementation, solutions for web, desktop and mobile. We work in a highly collaborative environment with software developers, graphic designers, financial engineers, customer support engineers and business leaders.Qualifications
Your skill set includes:
Qualities we value:
- The ability to extract requirements from stakeholders and define them in a clear way for developers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfort and proficiency with iterative design techniques
- Wireframing using an appropriate tool (e.g., Axure, Powerpoint, Visio, Omnigraffle)
- Knowledge of UI standards and practices for web, desktop and mobile applications
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, user-centred design methods
- Comfort with agile software development practice
- The ability to provide design leadership in projects
What we can offer you:
- The ability to plan and manage your own work, but also to work well as part of a team
- Good analysis and synthesis skills
- Actively seeks out information, resources or tools needed to solve a problem
- A bright, beautiful workspace in the heart of the city of Toronto, with great views of the city
- Great employee benefits and a competitive compensation package
- In-office bicycle racks and shower facilities
- The opportunity to actually influence products and see your ideas come to market
About S&P Capital IQ and McGraw Hill Financial
Be part of the team that provides smart investors with even smarter data at S&P Capital IQ.
A career at S&P Capital IQ puts you in a position to be indispensable to institutional investors, investment advisors and wealth managers around the world.
S&P Capital IQ delivers in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures, bringing together key capabilities in research, strategy, evaluation, analysis, data solutions and risk mitigation under one roof.
Every day, more than 4,200 financial firms turn to us for real-time research, data and analytics on more than 92,000 companies.
Your innovative thinking will thrive in an agile, energetic and challenging work environment – get a high-tech start-up atmosphere backed by the stability of McGraw Hill Financial.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, and McGraw Hill Construction. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill -dot- com; and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.