Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
At John Deere, we know how much time it takes to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop. We partner with those who feed the world. We create complete solutions from field to farm for our customers so they can be more productive as stewards of the land. The energy-efficient systems in our operations reflect a commitment to protect our environment. We also invest in water technology to better manage and distribute one of earth’s most valuable resources. Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You'll Do
John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, IA is seeking a Factory Automation Engineer to provide project management of projects related to the facility infrastructure, production machines, equipment and processes that support the manufacturing and/or distribution operation. Projects are more complex and may integrate several areas of engineering and require limited management of outside design professionals and contractors. In addition, you will:
• Responsibility for changes to control logic and software including, but not limited to: Safety Systems, PLCs, HMIs, Robotics, and PC based logic.
• Respond to critical ‘production down’ situations affecting manufacturing and/or distribution operations.
• Provide life, safety and building code analysis and supports and implements programs within the organization to prevent injuries and illnesses.
• Develop and support interfaces for communicating with shop-floor tools and devices.
• Provide electrical designs and programming within applicable standards to build new or modify existing production machines and systems.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or 5 years of Controls/Automation Engineering experience in a heavy industrial environment.
We also require:
• 2 years of experience in Controls/Automation Engineering.
• 2 years experience in design and programming with Rockwell Automation Logix 5000 software.
• Demonstrated leadership capability and project management skills.
• Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
• Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental laws, regulations and goals.
A strong candidate will also have:
• Experience in a heavy industrial environment.
• Fundamental understanding of processes and equipment related to the melt casting industry including melting, molding, cleaning and core making.
• Experience with Wonderware system platform.
• Experience with Fanuc Robotic systems.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.