Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Construction & Forestry Division is seeking a Marketing Representative to join our customer focused Marketing development program. This entry level developmental position fulfills professional marketing assignments in sales, customer support, marketing and distribution processes, including project management assignments. Extensive travel and relocation is required. This position is located in Grimsby, Ontario.
You will perform professional marketing and project management assignments to develop an understanding of sales, marketing, distribution and product support processes.
- Work with the dealer and channel partner network enabling all aspects of the sales process. Specifically, this individual will call on dealers and key customers, research market trends and remain aligned with customer expectations, provide training on sales and inventory management tools, as well as provide analyses to show trends and opportunities. To summarize, the Marketing Rep will be closely involved with dealers and customers in the field and heavily involved in a decision making role.
- Achieve Marketing unit product support and customer satisfaction goals by developing channel partner technical and product support capability, preempting and resolving technical and parts issues impacting machine performance and uptime, working with channel partners to manage customer relationships, and delivering customer/dealer training.
What It Takes
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Basic understanding of business acumen levels.
- Strong presentation, relationship building and listening skills.
- Self motivated and results driven.
- University degree required (preferably in Business, Engineering, Economics).
- Ability to travel extensively (in excess of 50%).
- Ability to relocate.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet functions.
- Understanding of construction or forestry markets.
- Previous work experience in the construction or forestry field.
- Mechanical or technical background.
- Demonstrated sales, marketing or customer support focused experience.
- General business knowledge with an understanding of the various divisions of the Company.
- Field sales and/or product support experience.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.