Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
Enterprise Information Technology is responsible for administering and maintaining Bright House Network’s Internal Enterprise Network. This work requires a mix of on-site, real-time analysis; the diagnosis and repair of chronic problems and real time problem escalation with vendor support. The Enterprise Network Engineer is responsible for the installation, documentation and configuration of data communication equipment and technology upgrades on the enterprise network. The Enterprise Network administrator installs equipment, implements project plans for routine and emergency maintenance, performs network upgrades, network activations, and provides technical support to Bright House Network IT Operations. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of IT Operations and does not have any direct reports. Position requires accurate communication and coordination with all IT Operations Groups, and management personnel. The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Accountable for all aspects of processes, procedures and documentation contained within IT Operations.
- Responsible for on-site maintenance with very specific Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Perform equipment checks remotely using automated monitoring tools in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining security policies related to firewalls in compliance with Company security policies and processes as well as regulatory requirements (PCI)
- Document all work performed, to include complex reports and ticketing systems.
- Coordinate turnover of new equipment with internal & external engineering groups.
- Install, test and confirm physical and virtual connectivity for any and all network devices.
- Troubleshoot and isolate failed assemblies and other components of network hardware associated with the Internal Enterprise Networks infrastructure of Bright House Networks.
- Implement both tasks and project plans in an exacting and timely manner, while independent and/or in project teams.
- Perform complex level upgrade/installation plans within scheduled maintenance periods.
- Ensure accurate completion of work performed and evaluate the effectiveness of results, in conjunction with team leads or management staff.
- Create tickets using the Remedy ticketing system, and accurately updating tickets with all pertinent actions and data within the specified time limits.
- Isolate and correct problems with speed and accuracy while escalating when additional resources are needed or management escalation as required by SLA’s.
- Participate in regular on call rotation that will vary over several shifts that may include overnight.
- Implement tasks both independently as well as in coordination with multiple internal and external company resources.
- Learn to use new hardware and software as it is being tested prior to being deployed in the network and assisting with the development of training material.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- May drive for long periods of time or long distances in Central Florida.
- May be required to work flexible schedule.
- Occasional lifting of weights of up to 75 lbs. Both from the floor to shoulder and from shoulder up.
- Occasional stooping, reaching, pushing, twisting, pulling and standing.
- Must be able to read and understand various color codes on components, wiring and equipment.
- Must be able to operate hand tools.
Materials & equipment used:
Works with various analyzers, network devices and CPE devices that may be delicate or have specific requirements
- A demonstrated working knowledge and use of several operating software systems. Including, basic Unix, all Windows Operation system and Microsoft office suites
- Excellent communicator; verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a network operations environment.
- Ability to work quickly and independently in highly stressful situations.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality, on time, and error-free results in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Ability to interpret site equipment layout and cabling diagrams.
- Hands-on experience with IP networks.
- Possess the ability to create or modify scripts and program tools for use in the performance of duties.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of computers and other electronic hardware.
- Ability to solve and repair technical problems with customers and technicians through effective verbal and written communication.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license, as well as good driving record.
- Demonstrate knowledge of our Network Operations and Techniques within the initial period of review.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Management Information Systems or equivalent preferred, or 3 to 4 years of related experience required.
- CCNA required, CCNP recommended. (Cisco Certification)
- CCSA, CCSE preferred (Checkpoint Certifications)
- Requires background in and knowledge of network protocols.
- Knowledge of Routers, Layer-2 switches, Firewalls, VPN, Terminal Servers, MPLS network technologies..
- Knowledge of routing protocols/policies to include EIGRP, ISIS, OSPF and BGP.
- Understanding of all layers of OSI model.
- Prior technical installation and configuration of network equipment.
- Requires expertise of TCP/IP and data networking.
- Requires experience participating in complex technical projects.
- Requires experience working with Checkpoint Firewalls and Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Requires experience implementing and supporting WAN (Wide Area Networks).
- Requires 2 to 3 years of working in an Operational LAN / WAN Network Environment in a “Fix Agent” capacity.