Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
Position summary: Produce, research, develop, write, edit and live presentation of news stories/programs and shoot and edit videotape on deadline based out of our Orlando bureau.
- Produce assigned newscasts.
- Write news stories for an assigned newscast or news series.
- Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story effectively.
- Enterprise original news stories; gather information for news stories using beat sources, contacts and leads.
- Must be able to report to assigned shift on time.
- Report within assigned deadlines.
- Shoot on deadline.
- Edit on deadline (non-linear).
- Ability to handle breaking news on-air.
- Deliver news reports, including live reports, demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality.
- Work independently and with assignment desk editors and master control operators in the newsgathering process.
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company equipment.
- Drive to and from assigned locations.
- Required to carry a cell phone.
- Responsible for representing channel in a professional manner.
- Establish a community presence outside of the newscasts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree with 1+ or more years of producing, reporting, shooting and editing television news footage experience preferred.
- Strong Spanish broadcast news writing; must write grammatically correct Spanish.
- Must have sufficiently strong story development skills in order to submit original story ideas on a daily basis.
- Must be able to develop sources, work a beat, and break stories.
- Must have strong on-camera skills.
- Should know how to edit non-linear news video.
- Must have ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline.
- Must be able and willing to able to work nights and weekends.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Interpersonal: ability to interface with internal company personnel.
- Attitude: requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving. Must enjoy working with people.
- Must have valid driver’s license.