Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
At John Deere, operations is directly responsible for producing equipment that helps feed and clothe people around the world. Here, production supervisors have the opportunity to apply their team–building and problem–solving skills, coordinate product launches and serve as liaisons between union and salaried workers. In operations, change is a constant with the introduction of new products, the implementation of new technology and the recruitment of additional team members to keep pace with our continuing growth.
What You'll Do
As an Assembly Supervisor – 3rd shift for John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, IA, you will supervise an assembly department within the 7R-8R business unit. In this role you will promote safety, quality, delivery and efficiency based on departmental metrics and goals. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Administer employee policies, practices, procedures, payroll and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Direct departmental Continuous Improvement plans and activities.
- Take corrective actions including discipline, as needed and respond to employee complaints to ensure the business unit employees adhere to policies, practice, procedures and work rules.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who has strong team leadership skills and outstanding problem resolution skills. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and supervisory experience. We also require:
- 2 years experience in Manufacturing and/or Operations.
- Ability to work off-shift hours, including overtime and weekends.
- Knowledge of 5S, Lean Manufacturing concepts (manufacturing sequencing), and Six Sigma methodologies.
As strong candidate would also have:
What You’ll Get
- Experience working in UAW environment.
- Supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment and managing a Lean workforce
- Understanding manufacturing and material/supply chain flow to support operations.
- Knowledge of DMAIC principles and Continuous Improvement (CI) within the workplace.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.