Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
The Billing Configuration team is responsible for providing day to day support for billing platform users, integrating new products into the billing system, maintaining operational parameters and serving as liaison between Bright House Networks and our billing vendors. As new products or enhancements to existing products are presented, it is the responsibility of the Billing Configuration team to ensure implementation will not adversely affect systems already in place, while also providing support of existing products on an ongoing basis. In this role, members of the Billing Configuration team work closely with Solutions Development, Video Engineering, Systems Development, Network Operations, Business Solutions, Voice Services, Network Engineering and Operations, Customer Care, Finance and Business Operations.
The purpose of the Billing Configuration Specialist I position is to support activities concerning the billing platform, including but not limited to: researching functionality inquiries, researching enhancement requests and providing support for billing system releases and upgrades. This position has extensive interaction with Bright House personnel, billing vendors, and other external contacts.
This position reports to the Billing Configuration Supervisor and does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
Applicant may be required to work both inside and outside of the facility. Flexible schedule and on-call availability is required.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, copier, ten-key and telephone.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Stooping, standing, reaching, pushing and pulling when filing documents. Sitting for long periods of time. Works inside throughout the year. Typing and reading on computer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of the billing platform and products.
- Utilize knowledge of Bright House Networks services and products.
- With direction, maintain and perform updates to parameters on the billing platform (production, training and test). Review and validate parameter updates and configuration as required to ensure continuity and system integrity.
- Research and respond to internal customer requests.
- Leveraging existing profiles, administer end user security for billing system access, including internal users and external Vendors/Contractors.
- Provide overall billing platform interface support (may include on call rotation involvement).
- Support testing efforts in the test environment.
- Support testing for enhancements prior to implementation to ensure daily operations are not adversely impacted.
- Assist with troubleshooting interface issues.
- Perform research and respond to inquiries from all areas of the organization.
- Participate in billing system release/upgrade activities and assume a support role for scheduled releases.
- Complete special projects
Minimum Qualifications and Key Requirements:
- Associates Degree Preferred or 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Minimum 4-6 years cable industry experience.
- Must have above average verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in the use of the ICOMS and CSG billing platform including but not limited to: parameter entry, security, and product and pricing structure.
- Fundamental understanding of billing platform interfaces and related functionality.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities.
- Demonstrable research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, high change environment to meet timelines.
- An approach to teamwork that fosters communications and collaboration.