Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
At John Deere, operations is directly responsible for producing equipment that helps feed and clothe people around the world. Here, production supervisors have the opportunity to apply their team–building and problem–solving skills, coordinate product launches and serve as liaisons between union and salaried workers. In operations, change is a constant with the introduction of new products, the implementation of new technology and the recruitment of additional team members to keep pace with our continuing growth.
What You’ll Do
As part of the Operations team at Waterloo Works, the Materials Specialist ensures that the production departments across the factory have the accurate amount of production, service and inter-factory parts to support daily operations. You will coordinate the delivery of raw materials thru the machining processes to support drive train operations. Additionally you will:
- Establish and maintain system parameters in alignment with the Deere Production System including control cycles and lead times.
- Coordinate audits and investigate inventory discrepancies on a daily and monthly basis and appropriate computer systems to reflect accurate on-hand inventory.
- Work with the Team Leaders to ensure that manpower deployment supports the production requirements.
- Communicate and coordinate the implementation of engineering decision changes and material changes.
What It Takes
What It Takes
We need an outstanding communicator who thrives in a team environment and can work with all levels of personnel on a daily basis. You must have excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills and be able to make sound decisions quickly. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related discipline or a minimum of 1 year experience in Supply Management or Manufacturing Assembly Operations.
In addition we require:
- Solid understanding of factory and/or manufacturing processes.
- Strong proficiency with standard desktop computer software such as, MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Production System, Lean Manufacturing, Just-in- Time, Kanban, Demand Flow Technology.
- Willingness and ability to work in a shop floor environment.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience with material handling and inventory management.
- Experience with Deere systems such as: Legacy, CWIS, CPS and MRP.
- Knowledge of point-of-use delivery methods such as: Sequenced, Controlled, KanBan.
- 1 years in a role in manufacturing, operations or in a scheduling/planning role.
- Understanding of Bills of Materials.
- Working experience with SAP.
- Technical knowledge of drive train parts or operations.
- Experience with Business Objects or other database tools.
*** No relocation benefits are available for this position. ***
What You'll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction.
Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.