Join our Talent Community
Join our Talent Community and be the first to be informed about news and career opportunities at McGraw Hill Financial, and be considered for future roles.
Note: your application for this position begins on the next screen.
Client Development Manager, Strategic Accounts, Oil (Platts)
The Client Development Manager is the guardian of the strategic customer relationship, orchestrating the deployment of corporate-wide resources to provide value to Platts' Strategic Accounts. He/ She is responsible for the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with defined customer base to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and influence the adoption of existing and new services as well as the retention of existing business.
Managing Account Relationship and SLA
o Main point of contact on account, taking responsibility for the experience the customer has with Platts
o Considers both the big picture as well as the day to day when managing the account
o Develops and builds meaningful and lasting relationships with key and influential contacts
o Effectively navigates around client organizations and leverages internal cross functional resources to create value
o Continuous investigative and collaborative contact with customers to gather strategic information about their business, understands their issues, uncovers unrecognized problems providing solutions to them
o As owner of the SLA, co-ordinates with all other functions and third parties to help ensure service levels and value add offerings are attained and customer needs are met
o Acts as a broker of capabilities or services for client, advocates internally
o Facilitates the involvement of sales and other functions to achieve common goals for the client and for Platts
o Understands the client usage of product/services and help define potential use cases or enhancements of new products to benefit client
o Monitors and reports on the health of the relationship between Platts and Strategic Accounts
Lead Generation - Driving Increased Usage and Adoption of New Services
o Plays an instrumental role in the initial sales cycle by researching customer business, identifying and qualifying leads, involving sales to negotiate and close opportunities
o Promotes non benchmark services and identifies new product development needs
o Seeks out cross and up selling opportunities
o Drives interest in trials and demonstrations, participating in their presentation
o Responds to incremental sales and incoming orders, which are processed via the sales administrator
o Close collaboration with sales
o Prevents cancellations and mitigates risk by ensuring existing clients continue to derive value from Platts services
o Ensures client derives value from enterprise licenses to maintain loyalty
o Communicates potential client and/or market shifts, changes or reactions, as well as client needs back to appropriate levels
o Monitors and reports on use of Platts services and usage levels.
o Contributes to Account Plan and participates in plan implementation.
o Provides status risk and opportunity, product development needs,
o Updates CRM
o Monthly activity reporting
• Minimum 7 years successful account management experience, of which 5 in major or key account
• Broad understanding/communication skills of the oil industry including understanding the personas of front, mid, back office, analysts
• Understanding of energy, energy markets and commodity business
• Superior customer relationship management skills, proven ability to develop multiple level of relationships within an account of a strategic nature
• Competent at creating and identifying needs using consultative sales techniques to lead sales such as SPIN.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Very strong planning and organization skills, able to prioritize
• Competent with systems (Oracle, CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Sales professional preferably with complex sales experience
• Knowledge of downstream and upstream
• Business/financial acumen
• Global experience/cultural understanding
• Graduate or professional training
About Platts and McGraw Hill Financial
At Platts, the premier source of commodities intelligence, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets.
- Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
- Be part of a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company, and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of McGraw Hill Financial.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill -dot- com; and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.