Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
As the Engineering Technician- Engine Lab for John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, Iowa, you will test Lab Data Quality Improvement, as well as, plan, coordinate, and perform an enhanced level of engine performance and emissions data statistical analyses with the overall objective of data quality improvement. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Operate in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and evaluations of engine performance and emissions measurement data and procedures that support Tier 4 and future engine challenges such as On Board Diagnostics (OBD), CO2 and Tier 5 regulations.
- Continuously expand complexity as engine, aftertreatment, and instruments gain sophistication, and as these data are applied to models designed to reduce engine and vehicle testing needs.
- Evaluate, coordinate and review data obtained from performance and emissions test results with the objective of enabling development engineers to make best decisions.
- Perform data evaluations to identify needed improvements, advising development engineers of data quality status, directing emissions instrumentation support personnel to correct identified problems, advising emissions instrumentation engineers to convey design improvement needs that are not in their existing equipment, all with an over-arching goal of data quality improvement .
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelors degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, related discipline or equivalent experience. In addition we require:
- Experience or knowledge of data quality improvement, analysis of complex data sets, such as engine testing and related measurements, statistics, business goals and customer focus.
- Proficiency with advanced statistical, mathematical and computation techniques, similar to statistical process control, management information systems and script writing skills to automate processes.
- Knowledge of databases to ensure proper storage and retrieval of data, experience with information processes required for communication and data transfers among test lab orders, data acquisition, file server, database, and end users.
A strong candidate will also have:
- More than one year experience with diesel engine testing, emissions instrumentation, data analysis, statistics and computer systems.
- Basic understanding of engines, exhaust aftertreatment and related test lab systems such as D2T-Morphee2.
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of performance and emissions instrument systems and related data.
- Experience with engine test lab measurements and procedures since these are the origin of data for the noted skill applications.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.