Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Develops and delivers various Agriculture and Turf training programs to channel partners, Company personnel, and customers in French and English. Training programs include, but are not limited to products, services, and/or professional skills with heavy emphasis on product features, applications, and product system technologies. Most delivery of training will be in person, although distance and internet delivery will occur. The successful candidate will work out of the John Deere Canada ULC office in Grimsby, Ontario.
- Supports the procedures to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Delivers training to channel partners, Company employees, or customers via multiple media; instructor-led, distance learning classroom & distance learning modules and integrated distance training - studio delivered instructor-led via the internet. Travel may be required to deliver training to fulfill audience requirements.
- Adapts, researches, and develops content and training materials and activities for training programs and other related training activity.
- Distributes/shares training information with appropriate channel partners, Company personnel, and customers. Assists/supports channel partners, Company personnel, and customers regarding content and delivery.
- Researches various topics through self-development in order to improve individual expertise in both training subject matter/content and delivery skills.
- Constructs and maintains training aids and equipment, classroom exercises, simulations, and practice exercises.
- Documents training curriculum for Instructor Guide, maintains and updates Instructor Guide. Continually evaluates the effectiveness of the course meeting its objectives during delivery and from evaluations. Makes appropriate changes to course materials and delivery.
- Coordinates translation of training materials.
- Utilizes knowledge of training to promote training products, training systems, and training materials.
- Responsible for classroom/training event administration (acquiring roster, taking enrollment, completing exit evaluations) and communicating results to appropriate personnel or system.
- Works with field managers and channel partners to establish needs. Will also schedule and deliver classes and is responsible for ensuring maximum possible attendance.
What It Takes
- Bilingual skills (French/English) - Includes written and verbal.
- Related agricultural experience.
- Experience in training and development; involved in activities such as presentation skills, instruction, needs assessments, curriculum development, and other such related training and development work.
- Strong technical background.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team setting.
- University Degree (preferably in Agronomy or Mechanical Engineering) and/or a Trade Certificate or College Diploma in Agricultural Equipment, Automotive or Heavy Duty/Industrial.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet functions.
- Proof of a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of Learning and Development process including areas such as instructional skills, presentation skills, needs assessments, adult learning theory, curriculum development and other such related knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of dealers and other channels.
- Marketing and/or Product Support experience.
- Strong presentation skills via multi-media methods.
- Strong understading of Agronomy and how machinery fits into mechanized agriculture
- GPS knowledge and applications in agriculture
- Experience in a position working with Dealers.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.