S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking a Lead Developer to be a key player in the implementation and support of the Web Platforms team of S&P Dow Jones Indices’ technology organization.This role requires a seasoned developer, who contributes to application development and maintenance. The candidate should actively evaluate new products and technologies to build solutions that can streamline business operations. The candidate must be delivery-focused with solid financial applications experience and software development skills.
The candidate will report to the Director of Application Architecture & Development and assist in day-to-day support and operations functions, design, development and unit testing.
- Design and develop industry-leading Java based applications for the S&P Dow Jones Indices business
- Work on new initiatives and manage on-going application support for various web S&P Dow Jones platforms
- Design& develop complex web user interface modules
- Design& develop complex server-side application modules
- Integrate Web Platform applications with other index calculation and dissemination systems
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues
- Effectively interact with other technical teams (both onshore and offshore), other IT staff, global customers and business users
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 5 years of IT experience in application support or development.
- Strong Experience with Core Java, Java EE & JMS is required.
- Experience in and Oracle Database environment – SQL, PL/SQL programming.
- Experience in deploying Java applications in Weblogic servers.
- Experience with the Spring Framework and Hibernate (or other OR-mapping technologies), and other related open source frameworks
- Experience with Operating Systems – Red Hat Linux and Windows XP/7.
- Experience using system tools, source control systems, utilities and third-party products.
- Knowledge of Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, Unicast, Multicast, Sockets) and IP addressing.
- Experience with Financial applications such as Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Portfolio Investment modeling or trading systems.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices and McGraw Hill Financial
Be on the inside of the world’s most-followed stock market index at S&P Dow Jones Indices.
With a career at S&P Dow Jones Indices, your work will be used by decision-makers every day. Our mission is to provide benchmarks that accurately gauge the markets and help institutions and individuals make well-informed decisions.
Be known as a trusted source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
Help investors meet the challenge of achieving their financial goals.
Innovate new measurements and tools investors need to measure and monitor the world’s markets.
Join a corporate culture that fosters development and growth.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill -dot- com; and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.