Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The successful applicant will be responsible for achieving marketing unit product support and customer/dealer satisfaction goals in a geographic area of responsibility by developing channel partner technical and product support capability, preempting and resolving technical and/or parts issues impacting machine performance and uptime, working with channel partners to manage customer relationships, delivering channel partner/customer training and administering product warranty and other reimbursement policies. This position is located in the province of Ontario, within 260 km of Toronto.
- Primary contact of Hitachi Mining Division (HMD) to support construction & mining customers within the defined geographic territory.
- Resolves product and performance issues with channel partners/customers and communicates with factories on appropriate issues and solutions including Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI)/Customer Relationship Management and follow-up, serves as product expert/contact for assigned product.
- Serves as mentor to less experienced staff and assumes project/team/process/product leader role beyond individual territory.
- Manages efforts in developing channel partner's product support capabilities (ServiceADVISOR, Dealer Technical Assistance Center, Tools, Facilities, Warranty Administration) to improve customer satisfaction.
- Promotes sale of products and services to channel partners and end users and is ultimately accountable for meeting sales goals and market share goals.
- Manages company assets to maximize return.
- Monitors channel partner performance.
- Counsels channel partners on product, marketing, financial and/or management-related matters.
- Delivers training to channel partners, company employees or customers and facilitates channel partner employee development by counseling them on training plans and class enrollment.
- Provides marketing support to ensure product optimization via customer clinics and assisting with demonstrations.
- Administers Company product warranty/Product Improvement Program (PIP) policies and resolves other reimbursement issues.
- Works with other divisions to maintain a good working relationship between channel partners and the Company to maximize enterprise objectives.
- Develops channel partners service management/profitability capabilities.
- Tracks and reports competitive landscape & performance.
What It Takes
- Knowledge of dealers and other channels.
- Knowledge of dealer product support capacity and competencies.
- Understanding of Customer Support Process.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Broad based business, sales and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of heavy machinery dealer business practices, ideally including the practices followed at John Deere dealerships.
- Knowledge of dealers/merchants/alliance partners, finance programs and products.
- Knowledge of products, customers, markets and competitors.
- Customer support experience with customer interaction regarding products, parts and services.
- Field sales and/or product support experience.
- Experience in a broad range of marketing and sales related job functions especially centered around product support.
- Marketing and customer acquisition/customer support process experience.
- Ability to travel up to 75%.
- Ability to work flexible shifts when visiting mine site environments; may include weekends.
- Willingness to travel into difficult environments for extended periods of time.
- Exposure/experience with surface mining customers.
- Exposure/experience with electric drive rigid frame trucks.
- Exposure/experience with hydraulic mining shovel exposure.
- University degree in Engineering, Business/Management/Marketing discipline or equivalent experience
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.