Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Engineer PV&V - Power Train/Front Drive for John Deere Power Systems (JDPS) in Waterloo, IA, you will be responsible for coordinating the development, execution and tracking of rigorous and comprehensive PV&V plans for power train and front drive systems across all engine series. In addition you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with key engine power train and front drive suppliers to ensure their PV&V alignment with John Deere processes.
- Develop and coordinate all power train and front drive PV&V activities for all engine projects with appropriate base engine design/development teams and application project teams.
- Responsible for PV&V sub-process deliverables for engine power train and front drive systems.
- Serve as a technical expert for the development and application of power train and front drive systems within Engine Engineering.
- Provide ownership for establishing and documenting all PV&V processes related to engine power train and front drive systems.
- Provide process leadership for all engine power train and front drive systems PV&V activities.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator who thrives in solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, related discipline and/or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with demonstrated accomplishments in the development and application of diesel engine power train and front drive systems.
- Extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art analyses and test procedures used to qualify diesel engine power train and front drive systems for production.
- Diesel engine application knowledge with excellent understanding of proper PV&V activities needed to develop a robust product for a wide variety of off-road applications.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to blend both analytical and experimental procedures to produce robust engine sub-systems.
A strong candidate will also have an advanced degree as well as:
- Basic understanding of statistical experimental methods such as Design of Experiments, Design for Six Sigma and HALT/CALT testing.
- Knowledge of testing tolerance extremes or corner conditions.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.