Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Financial might be just the place for you. We’re one of the largest equipment finance companies in the U.S. for agricultural, construction, forestry, lawn and turf care, landscaping, commercial, and consumer equipment purchases, as well as revolving credit and operating loans. We’re continually growing to serve customers around the globe and in many industries, providing retail, wholesale, and lease financing solutions that fit their business needs. We’re continually looking for eager professionals who are passionate about the opportunities and rewards of financial services.
What You'll Do
As an IT Data Analyst at John Deere Financial you will work closely with the business and other Information Technology (IT) teams to analyze, develop, implement, and support the data in our systems. Within this role, you will:
- Work closely with the business to gather, analyze, and document the data requirements for projects of medium complexity and moderate risk.
- Create and manage logical and physical data models for projects of medium complexity and moderate risk.
- Design data stores, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Document and map interaction (source-to-target, source-to-ETL mapping) between business processes, information, and data for projects which are of medium complexity and moderate risk.
- Assist our Testing group with the development of test cases as needed.
- Develop, implement, and support methodologies, standards, and tools for data management such as metadata management, data mining, data modeling, data cleansing, transformation and matching, data stewardship, data quality, data integration, data security, and data marts.
- Provide input to the design of application systems and interfaces to ensure data access, integration, integrity, and security for projects which are of medium complexity and moderate risk.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator (both verbal & written) who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you would have a Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. We also require:
- Proven experience in fostering a high-performance environment within and across teams.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements from business users.
- Understanding of database design.
- Understanding of application development, database, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
A strong candidate will have two or more of the following:
- Previous experience with data modeling tools and managing multiple logical and physical data models. (1-3 years)
- Experience with tools used for data management and data warehousing. (1-3 years)
- Understanding of programming languages (SQL) relative to Data Base Management Systems.
- Previous experience in programming/software development. (1-3 years)
What You'll Get
We extend our values to the way we take care of our employees, providing a comprehensive range of benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards.
If a rewarding career with a recognizable brand name sounds intriguing, then John Deere Financial might be a great fit for you.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.