Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You'll Do
As the Machining ME, Programming/Controls for John Deere Waterloo Works located in Waterloo, IA, you will set up routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards to improve operations and/or new parts or programs to support lean manufacturing. In addition, you will:
• Be responsible for changes to control logic and software including, but not limited to: SQL/DB2 Database Storage/Retrieval; PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers); Fanuc TPP & Karel; and HMI's (Human Machine Interfaces such as RS Logix).
• Support equipment which includes but is not limited to: Robot applications and interfaces; Machine tools (mills, drills, lathes, shapers, hobs, machining centers, etc); Automated guided vehicles.
• Provide valuable input to the design of new and existing machining cell layouts.
• Interpret and apply ANSI; RIA; or appropriate standards as they apply to the project.
• Communicate and coordinate activities with management, production and maintenance supervisors, process engineers, production and skilled trades personnel, and outside contractors and suppliers.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in an Industrial, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience in a related field. We also require:
• Prior experience in a manufacturing, assembly or engineering environment.
• Comprehension of ACAD Electrical, Pro-E, etc.
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot existing systems based off existing documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete multiple, concurrent projects.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Knowledge of applicable codes (National Electrical Code, OSHA, etc.) and the ability to develop logic to control a machine or system without creating unsafe operating conditions.
A strong candidate will also have:
• Understanding of electrical schematics.
• Ability to read, interpret, and modify robot programming languages, preferably Fanuc TPP & Karel.
• Ability to understand and develop machine control logic.
• Experience with shop floor manufacturing incentive pay systems equipment.
• Ability to recognize and investigate the effects of changes in hardware/software which directly or indirectly interface with existing factory automation production systems (e.g. computer OS, server software upgrades, network equipment/software upgrades, TCP/IP).
• Shop floor experience operating robotic cells and/or CNC machines will be considered in lieu of the formal education requirements.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.