Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
New demands require innovative solutions. At the John Deere Product Engineering Center in Waterloo, Iowa, you'll make what isn't possible today, tomorrow's reality. By developing innovative technology and products, we're helping people be smarter about how they use the land. Global positioning, remote equipment operation, biofuels, electric hybrids. What's next? Help us figure it out. There's no roadmap . . . just 1,300 inquiring minds like yours - working together at John Deere's largest engineering center.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Electrical Engineer for John Deere in Waterloo, IA you will identify and capture component requirements from system or subsystems specifications that define acceptable performance of automated control systems. In addition you will:
- Lead the evaluation of technical options and decision analysis for an optimum sensing solution that meets performance, costs and reliability goals
- Responsible for electrical components and subsystem integration of components on large tractor platforms
- Has ownership of the design specification which includes application guidelines for the components
- Lead teams in root cause analysis for electrical components by analyzing the electrical and mechanical aspects of the component along with how the component is integrated into the subsystem
- Work closely with external suppliers to procure components that meet the product specification
- Lead design reviews for the component and subsystem
- Work directly with Supply Management, Quality, Product Verification & Validation and Continuous Improvement teams
- Act as subject matter expert and application expert as it pertains to the assignment
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent work experience in a related field. We also require:
5 years of work experience in the development of sensors for machine automation on mobile equipment
Experience working with external suppliers to procure new technologies that meet product/systems specifications
Knowledge of the Six Sigma and root cause analysis analysis tools
Technical experience relating to the design and diagnostics of electrical systems and components
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong working knowledge of off-highway equipment
A strong candidate will also have:
Advanced Engineering Degree
Experience using Six sigma and root cause analysis tools for the analysis of electrical component failures
Knowledge of manufacturing processes that are used for electrical components
Knowledge of CAN communications
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.