Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The successful incumbent will be responsible for growing the usage of finance products and portfolio balances for a given geographic area. Works with dealers, customers and merchants to arrange and structure financing of products and services provided to customers within the Deere channel or through independent merchants. Works in extraordinary/difficult sales network due to one or more of the following conditions: number of dealers/customers/channel partners; lack of Strategic Business Unit (SBU) support in the areas of parts, service or dealer development leading to independent decision- making; facing emerging markets with political instability; multi-cultural businesses; scope and scale of business opportunity and breadth of product lines for which the Territory Finance Manager has responsibility in the market; is a subject matter expert, and as such, demonstrates leadership and mentoring or participates in special projects. This position will be located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Works with channel partners/end users to capture their retail and lease business, revolving business/accounts receivables and/or operating business utilizing John Deere Financial (JDF) product tools, payment calculators, and product pricing models. (eg. Factor charts, JDF calculators, t-Value).
- Obtains ongoing commitment of dealers/merchants to maximize use of John Deere Financial lease, installment and/or revolving finance products to increase retail sales of goods and services in an assigned territory; Recruits, enrolls, and develops additional revolving dealers/merchants.
- Provides follow-up service and training to John Deere Financial (JDF) dealers/merchants to consistently achieve or exceed established individual/company objectives. Delivers training to channel partners, company employees, or customers. Serves as a liaison between channel partners and JDF in resolving issues in the business relationship.
- Provides project support for their manager or project from JDF office as a tactical or strategic resource. Mentors and provides coaching and leadership for less experienced sales managers and assists in the improvement of performance. Serves as a subject matter expert for financing solutions by utilizing expert levels of skill, knowledge, and experience.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with Ag dealers, merchants, manufacturers' representatives and John Deere Branch personnel.
- Administers pricing exception requests and resolves product service and performance issues with channel partners/customers. Communicates with office staff regarding market concerns and customer issues to support profitable growth of the business.
- Provides information regarding competitive product and market developments. Makes recommendations for consideration based on conditions found in assigned territory.
- Represents John Deere Financial (JDF) at trade shows, conventions and at John Deere Branch annual, division and territory meetings.
What It Takes
- Knowledge of dealers/merchants/alliance partners, finance programs and products.
- Successful negotiating and selling skills.
- Knowledge of dealers and other channels.
- Knowledge of industry appropriate for area of responsibility (markets, products, competitors, customers, distribution trends).
- Understanding of credit products or services and policies.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- University degree (Business/Management/Marketing or related discipline), accounting designation, or equivalent experience.
- Approx 4 – 7 years experience working in the finance industry.
- Sales experience, preferably within a John Deere unit or division.
- Field experience with regular customer contact, knowledge of dealer/distribution network, limited geographic area of responsibility, and broad product knowledge.
- Experience in a position working with Dealers.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.