Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services and are committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land – those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. We make John Deere a great place to work through an emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement.
Our IT professionals have the opportunity to participate not only in the normal IT functions, but also in areas where IT is being used within our worldwide product development centers, production and services businesses; including throughout our supply chain. Additionally, working as a member of an aligned, high–performing, cross–functional team, an IT professional at John Deere has opportunity to apply information technologies to improve our business processes and product quality.
What You’ll Do
As a Dealer Business Specialist for John Deere Information Systems (JDIS) in East Moline, IL, you will gain exposure and insight to the dealer channel and operations while partnering with John Deere dealers in order to facilitate their success. Within this role, you will:
- Provide Tier 2 technical help desk services by resolving complex problems and issues that occur in the dealer JDISOnline (JDO) hosted or onsite technical environments.
- Participate in and take a lead role for JDO hosted and onsite infrastructures and software installations, consultation engagements and EQUIP business system implementation projects.
- Participate as an effective team member working toward customer satisfaction, meeting established service metrics and provide technical coaching and development of other team members.
- Participate as a team member on project teams for delivery of new products and services.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a similar discipline and/or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate, negotiate and deal with conflict resolution.
- Experience working with the John Deere dealership technical environment.
- Experience serving as a Team Lead for technical installations.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems both remotely (via telephone, WebEx or VPN connection) and face-to-face.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to solve problems on behalf of the customer.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced knowledge of networking, communications and a client/server environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 25%.
- Ability to work an adjusted work schedule on a scheduled basis approximately 1-2 times per month to cover the hours of 10:30am to 7:00pm.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Understanding of the current JDIS UNIX business system, the EQUIP business system and JDO architecture.
- Background and experience in working with the JDIS EQUIP Business System and with dealership business processes.
- Experience using JDIS support tools (SAP CRM and WebHelpR).
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, rewards aren’t limited to monetary compensation. We offer our employees a comprehensive range of tangible and intangible benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards Program
Ready for intense teamwork, ambitious objectives and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.