Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
Job Title: Production Specialist I
FLSA status: Non Exempt
Department: Bay News 9
Reports to: Operations Manager
Position summary: Fill-in as director/TD in addition to the duties of an audio operator/media editor OR fill-in as a master control operator in addition to the duties of an audio operator/media editor. Production Specialist I must be able to fulfill three of the four competencies on a consistent basis within Operations.
- Capacity of fill-in/back-up director
- Direct and technical direct the audio and visual portions of live and recorded television through the use of automated production systems.
- Promote teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Have competent understanding/skills related to shot composition, lighting and aesthetics
- Capacity of master control operator
- Monitor on-air product quality and automation system for multiple program streams
- Tune in microwave/satellite shots
- Route video sources and material among the Local Programming Group
- Record feeds using remote control software of video servers
- Coordinate program playout with editorial staff and control room staff
- Communicate efficiently with news, traffic and production personnel internally and externally
- Communicate efficiently with news and production personnel internally and externally
- Operate robotic camera controls and audio mixing console.
- Set-up and maintain studio equipment.
- Edit news wheel content using non-linear editing systems.
- Archive news footage.
- Establish and enforce editing protocol within the newsroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
- College degree with a concentration in television production preferred.
- Should have at least three years experience working in a fast paced news environment editing daily news content using non-linear editing systems, audio operation and robotic camera experience, familiar with master control operations and/or possess technical directing skills
- Management: Must have the ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Interpersonal: Will interface with internal company personnel.
- Applications: Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including knowledge/skills with, audio mixers, robotic camera controls, production automation systems, newsroom editorial software, non-linear editing systems, microwave/satellite systems, and automated on-air playout systems. Familiar with video switchers, character generators, DVE’s and video servers
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors
- Teamwork: Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving. Must work effectively within a team environment.
Reporting to this position: no direct reports.
- Primarily inside in a climate controlled environment.
- Communicates in person, by phone and by email.
- Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines and willing to work different shifts or longer shifts due to "breaking news".
- Mostly seated during work, but may be required to stoop, stand, reach and lift up to 70 pounds.Push/pull/maneuver equipment up to 50 lbs. Must be able to distinguish colors and discern sounds.
- Materials and equipment used: various studio and control room television equipment, computers and computer-related equipment.
- Must be willing to work in severe weather emergencies (hurricanes).