Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
The Associate Interconnection Engineer II is responsible for providing up front provisioning support for all commercial voice trunk services including provisioning of voice network core elements. The position is responsible for performing voice service provisioning, testing, implementation, and support for the Bright House Networks IP Trunking commercial services product. This entry level position reports to the Manager of Voice and WiFi Operations and does not have any direct reports. The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Proven ability to work in a decentralized and entrepreneurial environment.
- Has passion for the efficient business operations, coupled with a deep understanding of the telecommunications industry.
- A person who cares about the people with whom they work and their customers and approaches them with integrity and honesty.
- Thrives in an environment where team work, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasized, and where reward is based on results.
- Enjoys building relationships and collaboration.
- Bright, innovative thinker with a broad range of personal and professional experiences.
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Has personal and professional maturity that warrants respect and provides an example.
- Support Field Operations for commercial voice services installation.
- Pre-configure CPE for commercial voice services deployment.
- Configure Core network elements involved in the provisioning of commercial services.
- Perform Test and Turn-up of commercial trunks (ISDN, CAS, SIP).
- Document and maintain commercial trunk inventory on a per customer basis.
- Monitor and maintain capacity for commercial voice devices.
- Test and validate all new procedures for commercial voice turn-up.
- Provide an escalation path for commercial installations.
- Identify and contribute to process improvements within the group and with other groups throughout the company.
- Coordinator the work of other employees.
- Prepare reports (i.e., weekly updates), complex reports and other documents.
- Prepare activation and technical upgrade/installation plans.
- Perform complex upgrades and installations within schedules maintenance periods.
- Provide technical assistance to Operations staff.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of work performed and evaluated the effectiveness of results.
- Provides quick and accurate updates to management for problem isolation.
- Isolate and corrects problems with speed and accuracy while escalating when additional resources are needed or management escalation as required by commercial trunking SLA’s.
- Respond to assigned voice tickets.
- Monitor and Respond to all e-mails.
- Maintain problem ownership and accountability.
- Attend training as provided.
The physical demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicant may be required to work both inside and outside of the facility. On-call and flexible work hours are required. Employee must be able to work in the maintenance window hours on a regular basis if needed. Applicant must have the ability to lift equipment weighing 65 pounds, sit for long periods of time in front of a computer as well as the ability to type and read on a computer.
- A demonstrated working knowledge and use of several operating software systems. Including, UNX, Linux, Windows.
- Excellent communicator; verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to Interface with Customers and customer’s vendors during Commercial services installation.
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively with voice carries to resolve issues.
- Ability to work quickly and independently in highly stressful situations.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality, on-time, and error-free results in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Ability to interpret site equipment layout and cabling diagrams.
- Ability to mentor and train others on technical topics.
- Track and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of computers and other electronic hardware.
- Ability to solve and repair technical problems with customers and technicians through effective verbal and written communication.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Management Information Systems preferred pr 3 to 4 years equivalent work related commercial trunking experience.
- Requires background in and knowledge of all telephony circuit speeds from DS0 to OC192 and beyond.
- Operational hands on experience and support of telephony Key Systems, PBX’s, and enterprise data networks a MUST.
- Troubleshooting hands on protocols including ISDN, CAS, SS7, SIP and MGCP.
- Must be able to proficiently use telecom test equipment from Analog through Optical access rates. Requires expertise of voice circuit and voice packet data networks.
- Prior technical installation, configuration, and testing of packet/circuit based voice deployments in a Customer premise environment.
- Hands-on experience with large scale commercial voice deployments with Integrated voice and data networks.
- Must be able to learn and exhibit a thorough and sufficient understanding of Bright House Networks Commercial Trunking solution architecture.
- Must be able to learn and exhibit a thorough and sufficient understanding of Bright House Networks Information Services Infrastructure.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Florida Driver’s License.