Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
Position reports directly to the Learning and Development Technical Supervisor and mentored by the Sr. Learning and Development Specialist. Position interfaces with internal employees across regions, all levels of management and possibly with business partners.
Assist the Learning and Development Manager and Sr. Learning and Development Specialist by effectively delivering all training programs for the various regional departments as required including record keeping and administration responsibilities.
- Promotes, administers (including scheduling, evaluations etc.), and delivers quality new hire training for engineering, business solutions and all other department personnel as required while being observed and receiving feedback from department Managers.
- Maintain the Project Log by adding, updating, and completing all entries that pertain to L&D projects or training documents.
- Begins to Design, deliver, and sponsors a variety of learning and development initiatives to increase employee engagement and retention of key talent.
- Works with Senior Learning and Development Specialist in mentee role while assisting in identifying training needs, recommendations and implementation solutions using (Addie) Analysis, Designs, Development, Implementation, Evaluation model methodology.
- Assists and conducts follow-up training, new product/services training, policies/procedures as well as other training programs for employees to improve performance and customer service.
- Posts, maintains, revises, and creates various training documents and reference materials as needed and/or when requested.
- Maintains class records, monitors progress of trainees and keeps hiring manager informed of trainees attendance, progress etc.
- Perform pole and ladder handling certification in the field.
- Assists Learning and Development Manager/Sr. Learning and Development Specialist in rollout of all new services/products, policies and procedures or system changes to ensure pertinent information is disseminated to all appropriate department contacts in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
May sit or stand for long periods of time. Communicates on the telephone, in person and through written correspondence and or/email. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The associate frequently is required to stand and occasionally required to walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must be able to lift 75 pounds.
Must be available to work flexible hours (may not be assigned a regular shift) and weekends when required.
May be required to travel to various Florida Bright House Networks regions and vendor locations as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite applications ACSR and BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS applications
- Working knowledge of tablets, lap-tops and PC configurations.
- Positive attitude, customer service focus, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Strong platform and interpersonal skills; excellent verbal, nonverbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and behavior required
- Ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize and organize multiple projects and priorities within delivered deadlines
- Consistently develops and sustains supportive work relationships
- Other duties as assigned
Four (4) year college degree in Education, Adult Learning or other related field preferred or equivalent of four (4) years work experience in communication, training and development. Satisfactory completion of appropriate courses distributed by the company or provided internally or externally. To include:
- Bright House Networks Training Centers in-house Installation Course or recognized equivalent - NCTI’s Installer or Installer Technician courses are examples of recognized equivalent.
- Bright House Networks Training Centers in-house Service Technician I Course or recognized equivalent - NCTI’s Service Technician course is an example of a recognized equivalent.
- Formal electronics training and/or self-study course work in CATV is required