Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports directly to the Vice President. It interfaces with employees from all departments and has frequent contact with executives within and outside of our organization as well as the general public. In addition, this position has contact with a variety of vendors, suppliers and customers. The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required.
• Provide, at a high level, all phases of office administration.
• Receive and screen incoming telephone calls; greet visitors.
• Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
• Maintain Outlook calendar schedules, prioritize meetings based on schedules, and arrange conference rooms or conference calls for the Vice President and Directors.
• Prepare and maintain reports, graphs, or other documents.
• Responsible for composing and typing of various correspondence, creating spreadsheets, maintaining contact lists, and creating presentations.
• Determine, format, compile data and arrange diversified material for presentation of reports.
• Set up and maintain records, logs, and files as necessary.
• May handle difficult customers or members of the public
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, with occasional standing, walking, bending or stooping. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type, handle or feel; and have the ability to type and read using a computer. The employee must be able to communicate on the phone with the use of a headset. Work is in an office environment at a single location, with occasional travel for meetings and training courses
• Must be very organized and be extremely detail oriented.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be very proficient in Microsoft Outlook, particularly Outlook Calendar, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Past experience in the telecommunications industry or in a technical environment is preferred.
• Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and to prioritize work.
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and occasional overtime.
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Administrative skills training or the recognized equivalent in work experience and self-study.
• Minimum six (6) years experience in office administration