Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
As a Senior Reliability Engineer - Engines for John Deere Power Systems in Waterloo, IA you will be an expert user of reliability techniques in the area of reliability analysis of fielded products. You will have the opportunity to:
- Perform reliability analysis on complex problems.
- Use your specialized knowledge to determine reliability improvement opportunities and reductions in cost of poor quality while working with engineers from various functional areas.
- Provide reliability support to engineering, marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
- Further develop reliability analysis solutions for our current products including the analysis tool and methodology development.
- Develop reliability engineers and reliability analysts by coaching and giving work direction to implement process, analysis software, database and procedural changes and improvements.
What It Takes
We need excellent communicators, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Statistics/Mathematics, related discipline or equivalent experience. Additionally we require:
- 5 years of experience n a reliability engineering position including warranty analysis and reliability planning and/or 5 years experience applying statistical tools and analysis to non-technical systems or processes but with comparable complexity.
- Ability to apply reliability analysis methodologies to life data from complex technical systems like engines and drive train components.
- Experience in Weibull analysis.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Excel, Access and Powerpoint).
- Analytical thinking and structured approach to problem solving.
A strong candidate will also have an advanced degree as well as:
- Modeling and analyzing reliability of repairable systems of 7 years or more.
- Experience of 7 years or more in the development, implementation and maintenance of reliability data analysis solutions for large datasets.
- Experience in reliability assurance for supplied components.
- Experience in leading teams in a fast paced global team environment.
- Experience with FRACAS systems.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.