Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
As a member of the John Deere quality engineering team, you will have the opportunity to engage in nearly every facet of our business. You’ll enjoy a diverse range of challenges, gain a wide range of experiences with highly visible projects and initiatives, and have excellent opportunities for professional growth.
What You’ll Do
As a Process Pro for JD Power Systems - Waterloo Engine, you will be responsible for leading and facilitating cross functional project improvement teams though the DMAIC process. Additionally, you will:
- Ensure project goal are aligned to tactical and strategic business goals.
- Apply statistical analysis to project solutions and control plans.
- Act as a Six Sigma/process pro resource to Factory Management Staff.
- Assist and trains other engineers/staff on the DMAIC process and statistical analysis.
What It Takes
We need a candidate with strong knowledge of quality tools such as Six Sigma, Regression analysis, Design of Experiments, Fault tree diagrams. Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- 2. 5 years of heavy equipment manufacturing experience in process engineering, supply management, quality engineering, or operations.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Ability to teach/coach others in advanced quality tools and DMAIC.
- Ability to implement change through negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to perform and teach complex process mapping and Value Stream Map Analysis.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.