Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere touches every corner of the globe. Just as we work with people to grow better crops, we are looking for people to grow our business. We are committed to developing our employees to meet the needs of an ever-changing landscape. If you have the drive to succeed, we will keep you challenged. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Through consistent operational excellence in business performance, we help ensure the success of new and existing products. Fully engaged in the present, but with an eye to the future, our innovative team continually implements practices that help redefine the leading edge. This effort includes our Achieving Excellence program, which promotes continuous improvement and strengthens supplier relationships.
What You'll Do
As the Supply Management Specialist for the Agricultural and Turf Division in Waterloo, Iowa, you will identify, lead, and implement cost reduction and value improvement projects in support of divisional and unit initiatives & strategies. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
- Act as the supply management interface with engineering teams.
- Interface with suppliers on projects.
- Participate in and potentially lead a procurement group.
- Source parts within our approved supply base.
- Identify and execute cost reduction within the assigned commodity.
What It Takes
We need an exceptional communicator who thrives in a team environment who has the ability to participate and contribute in a strong supportive team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Finance or equivalent education and experience to perform the job duties. We also require:
- Supply Management experience.
- Experience in project management.
- Prior work experience in cross functional teams.
- Experience working with suppliers.
- Familiarity of the Order Fulfillment Process (OFP).
A strong candidate will also have:
- Previous work experience in an Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) and Product Delivery Process (PDP) in a supply management role.
- Knowledge of Cost Management System (CMS), John Deere Cost Reduction and Opportunity Program (JDCROP), Achieving Excellence (AE), SAP, and other supply management systems.
- Background working with engineering change decisions.
- Technical knowledge in a particular commodity.
- Background working in product engineering, quality engineering, cost management or manufacturing engineering.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.