Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
Provide engineering support for data, voice, and video deployments across Hybrid Fiber/Coax (HFC) networks, with focus on high speed data (HSD) service group capacity. Interact with multiple Bright House Networks (BHN) departments to coordinate HSD service group capacity augmentation. Act as single point of contact for all BHN departments regarding HSD service group capacity engineering.
- Primary responsibility for HSD service group capacity analysis, planning, design and engineering.
- Perform information gathering, data analysis, and process development.
- Develop and maintain documentation, reports and notifications required to support superior HSD capacity management.
- Work with multiple BHN departments in the development and deployment of new equipment, technologies and services related to HSD service group capacity.
- Develop and provide training to headend and field personnel as required.
- Contribute to the development of network monitoring systems (NMS) and tools for network management, reporting and optimization.
- Efficiently utilize event management platform to facilitate HSD service group capacity augmentation.
- Assist in the configuration, installation, or deployment of other HFC technologies as required
- Must be able to work in a 24 x 7 environment, holidays, weekends and late hours if required. .
- Position requires the ability to work effectively under pressure, to multi-task and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs. Position may require repetitive stooping, reaching, pushing, twisting, pulling and standing.
- Must be able to operate hand tools.
- Position may require long hours working with computers either at a work station or at remote locations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must possess extreme attention to detail, be an independent, self-motivated worker and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining excellent performance and results.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to resolve conflict, provide leadership, and foster team work.
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel. Database experience a plus.
- Must have valid FL driver license.
- Working knowledge of core and edge network components and architectures is desired.
- Working knowledge of OSP plant certification, node optimization, fiber technologies and topography is desired.
- Ability to comply with all BHN implemented safety guidelines.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Position requires 3-5 years’ background involving operations and engineering or equivalent.
- A.A. or A.S. degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of HFC broadband network architecture, cable modem termination systems, DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0, VOIP, QOS, optical transport and headend electronics.
- Familiarity with industry standard testing and trouble resolution of HFC networks using spectrum analyzer, QAM analyzer, MPEG analyzer, waveform monitor, audio analyzer, oscilloscope, SLM, RF power meter, sweep TX/RX, OTDR, OSA, optical power meter, VOM, and electrical power analyzer.