Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
- Completely accountable for all aspects of processes, procedures and documentation contained within Network Services Operations.
- Responsible for on-site maintenance with very specific Service Level Agreements.
- Performing equipment checks remotely using automated monitoring tools in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Documentation for all work performed, to include complex reports and ticketing systems.
- Coordinate turnover of new equipment with internal & external engineering groups.
- Install, test and confirm physical and virtual connectivity for any and all network devices.
- Troubleshooting and isolating failed assemblies and other components of network hardware associated with the delivery of Bright House Networks advanced services as well as backbone network infrastructure.
- Implement both tasks and project plans in an exacting and timely manner, while independent and/or in project teams.
- Perform complex level upgrade/installation plans within scheduled maintenance periods.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of work performed and evaluates the effectiveness of results, in conjunction with team leads or management staff.
- Providing quick and accurate updates for problem isolation, while continuing to support the Event Management team in honoring any and all SLA’s.
- Creating tickets using the Remedy ticketing system, and accurately updating tickets with all pertinent actions and data within the specified time limits.
- Isolating and correcting problems with speed and accuracy while escalating when additional resources are needed or management escalation as required by SLA’s.
- Provide technical assistance to Tier I and II Support.
- Participating in a regular on call rotation that will vary over several shifts that may include overnight.
- Lead network operations project teams.
- Implement tasks both independently as well as in coordination with multiple internal and external company resources.
- Learning to use new hardware and software as it is being tested prior to being deployed in the network and assisting with the development of training material.
- Works with various analyzers, network devices and CPE devices that may be delicate or have specific requirements.
The Network Engineering and Operations Team is responsible for handling the Bright House Network’s Carrier-Class Network backbone. This work requires a mix of on-site, real-time analysis; the diagnosis and repair of chronic problems and real time problem escalation with vendor support. The Network Services Operations Engineer is responsible for the installation, documentation and configuration of data communication equipment and technology upgrades on the backbone network. The Operations Engineer installs equipment, implements project plans for routine and emergency maintenance, performs network upgrades, hub activations, and provides technical support. The Network Services Operations Engineer reports directly to the Supervisor, Network Services Operations. This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities. Requires careful and accurate communication and coordination with all Division Network Operations Groups, Regions and senior management personnel. The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be requires. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- May drive for long periods of time or long distances in Manatee, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus Counties.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including different shifts, on-call and overtime as needed.
- Occasional lifting of weights of up to 75 lbs. Both from the floor to shoulder and from shoulder up.
- Occasional stooping, reaching, pushing, twisting, pulling and standing.
- Must be able to read and understand various color codes on components, wiring and equipment.
- Must be able to operate hand tools.
- A demonstrated working knowledge and use of several operating software systems. Including, basic Unix, all Windows Operation system and Microsoft office suites
- Excellent communicator; verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a network operations environment.
- Ability to work quickly and independently in highly stressful situations.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality, on time, and error-free results in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Ability to interpret site equipment layout and cabling diagrams.
- Hands-on experience with IP and ATM networks.
- Possess the ability to create or modify scripts and program tools for use in the performance of duties.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of computers and other electronic hardware.
- Ability to solve and repair technical problems with customers and technicians through effective verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge of our Division Network Operations and Techniques within the initial period of review.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Management Information Systems or equivalent, or 3 to 4 years of related experience required.
- CCNA required, CCNP recommended.
- Requires background in and knowledge of network protocols and RF.
- Knowledge of Routers, Layer-2 switches (ATM and Sonet), CMTS, DOCSIS, VPN, Terminal Servers, MPLS, DWDM, GePON networking technologies.
- Knowledge of routing protocols/policies to include EIGRP, ISIS, OSPF and BGP.
- Understanding of all layers of OSI model.
- Prior technical installation and configuration of network equipment.
- Requires expertise of TCP/IP and data networking.
- Requires experience participating in complex technical projects.
- Requires 1 to 2 years of leading project teams.
- Requires experience implementing and supporting WAN (Wide Area Networks).
- Requires 2 to 3 years of working in an Operational LAN / WAN Network Environment in a “Fix Agent” capacity.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license, as well as good driving record.