Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group plays a key role for Deere & Company in designing and delivering the technology needed by our customers to help them meet the challenge of growing more food and building much-needed infrastructure – challenges that must be met as the world’s population is expected to grow to 9 billion people by 2050. We’re a great place to work, too. With technology that utilizes satellite-based global-positioning, John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group designs displays and receivers, guidance systems, field and crop management, and information and logistics systems our customers rely on. We leverage Agile project methods to deliver the most advanced innovations to our products. We foster a creative environment where employees feel empowered to put their best ideas forward and forge their own career path.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You’ll Do
John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) - Urbandale is seeking a Product Safety and Compliance Engineer to complete product safety and compliance activities for electrical/electronic products and systems. In this position, you will:
- Create, track and carry out project safety and compliance plans for new product development programs to ensure products meet all market requirements prior to production.
- Research, identify and implement all applicable internal, national and international standards, regulatory and legal requirements to permit global market access.
- Develop and use innovative processes to improve speed, efficiency and maintain organization alignment.
- Educate unit personnel in the application of product safety and compliance.
- Monitor and ensure ongoing product safety and compliance for post-production products.
- Facilitate activities related to the Product Safety Committee.
- Represent John Deere on applicable technical committees and groups in support of the strategic direction for ISG products.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator who thrives on solving complex problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline, or equivalent experience. Additionally, we require experience in the following areas:
- 2 years in safety standards and compliance or 2 years designing, testing, or managing the development of electrical /electronic products and systems.
- Leading others in the resolution of difficult technical issues and/or projects.
- Writing or interpreting technical specifications for electrical or /electronic products and systems or technical standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of national, international and industry standards and laws relating to electrical/electronic product and electrical systems.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience specifically with telecommunication, telematics, or radio products.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of safety standards, laws, regulations, and goals.
- Experience in technical or safety standards development.
- Experience in software development practices.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.