Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
- Ensure proper and reliable operation of Headend/Hub equipment by adjusting, repairing and maintaining all Headend/Hub equipment and studio to Headend/Hub links.
- Perform quality control checks. Maintain and repair Headend/Hub equipment, converters and TVRO earth station antennas and fiber optic distribution equipment.
- Assist in Headend/Hub calibration, FCC performance tests and field system performance tests.
- Coordinates inventory and documents maintenance records on equipment, parts and facilities.
- Ensure compliance of system leakage and CLI monitoring requirements in the Headend/Hub, thorough detection and repair.
- Recognize, practice and enforce safety rules and procedures when performing technical tasks.
- Supports management goals and objectives; promotes teamwork within the department and company.
- Stand-by duties during non-business hours; Respond quickly to a network outage
- Work in various assigned locations on a daily basis
- Assist with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Exposure to heights, heat, cold, other weather conditions, various living environments and foliage.
- Wears safety apparel, which includes, hard hats where required and proper footwear.
- Works with various solvents and greases
- Flexible schedule may be required.
- May drive for extended periods of time
- Repetitive lifting of weights of up to 75 lbs. Both from the floor to shoulder and from shoulder up.
- Repetitive stooping, reaching, pushing, twisting, pulling, and standing
- Proficiency with various tools and equipment
- Ability to solve and repair technical problems with customers through effective verbal and written and interpersonal communications.
- Learning knowledge of signal levels, meters, volt-ohm meters; sweep systems, amplifiers, power supplies, bench alignment gear, DVM, VOM, signal leakage, detection equipment, spectrum analyzer, waveform monitor and various other troubleshooting devices.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of computers and standard software (i.e. Windows 95/98, word processing, Excel, etc.)
- First aid and CPR certification is desired.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license, as well as good driving record.
- Ability to learn our Division Network Operations and Techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Formal electronics training and/or self study course work in CATV is strongly preferred
- Must have completed Electronic Engineering Technology or Telecommunications Technology (Bridger’s, Routers and Gateways) course work with a two-year technical school or equivalent work experience.
- Requires minimum of one year of cable television electronic communications, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair experience, or equivalent work experience
- Fiber optic experience preferred.