Join our Talent Community
Join our Talent Community and be the first to be informed about news and career opportunities at McGraw Hill Financial, and be considered for future roles.
Note: your application for this position begins on the next screen.
Manage the timely and accurate production of newsletters from layout to post-production by:
Newsletter production and design
•Layout daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly newsletters working closely with editor(s).
•Create relevant tables, graphics for newsletters using Adobe Illustrator.
•Create printer and email ready files using Adobe Acrobat.
•Assist with updating relevant publication templates.
•Troubleshooting layout problems.
Web and Fulfillment checks
• Posts relevant electronic files to distribution outlets and printers.
• Confirms delivery of files with third parties.
• Confirms delivery of files with Fulfillment department.
• Checks Platts websites to confirm upload of relevant files.
• Assures the full contents of each publication is posted in the correct manner.
• Ensures accurate placement of paid ads.
• Checks ad links with SMS team.
• Ensures accurate placement of house ads.
• Keeps How-To documents up to date on a timely basis.
Education: Graduate in relevant field such as graphic design, communications, journalism, or extensive experience working in publishing industry.
Software skills: Expert user of desktop publishing and design tools; Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, MS Excel. Expert user of inhouse tech: PEN.
Time management: Manages time efficiently to effectively coordinate multiple tasks in a high-stress journalism atmosphere. Ability to prioritize jobs and requests.
Open personality: must be able to work quickly and effectively in a high-stress newsroom. Must be personable and have an aptitude for working with a variety of people with varying degrees of needs.
Requires ability to work in a team environment and handle many conflicting priorities simultaneously.
About Platts and McGraw Hill Financial
At Platts, the premier source of commodities intelligence, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets.
• Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
• Be part of a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
• Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company, and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of McGraw Hill Financial.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill -dot- com; and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.